fix needed

Post any feedback that you have here...
1am_j1j0
Noob
Noob

fix needed

Unread post by 1am_j1j0 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:49 pm

I created two different accounts with two different email addresses, one real and one fake...I've received confirmation in the real one, which is great. I expect the account with the real email to be successful created, since I confirmed , and the one with fake email to be dropped automatically since it did not accomplish all 'creating account' procedures. But here I see both the accounts, with the confirmed and unconfirmed(fake) email :( . A measure needed to fix this flaw.
1 x

Tags:

xpl0it
Admin
Admin

Re: fix needed

Unread post by xpl0it » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 am

1am_j1j0 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:49 pm
I created two different accounts with two different email addresses, one real and one fake...I've received confirmation in the real one, which is great. I expect the account with the real email to be successful created, since I confirmed , and the one with fake email to be dropped automatically since it did not accomplish all 'creating account' procedures. But here I see both the accounts, with the confirmed and unconfirmed(fake) email :( . A measure needed to fix this flaw.
Oh thank you for the report ! But as far as we know our forum doesn't activate an account automatically without the account owner manually activate it by confirming the email sent to their email accounts. So to say if the user's email isn't genuine then the registration will remain pending till either of our admins manually activates the user's account through the Administration Panel.

Unless you have another means that you have used bypass the registration confirmation process, of which you can demonstrate it to make a proof of concept. Then submit it to me through the forum's Private Messaging System.

Thanks!
0 x